Click here for League Tournament 2020 Brackets
$30 for 1st player, $25 for each additional player from the same family
There is also a $16 jersey purchase if a jersey is needed.
Registration for the 2020 Cobra basketball season will be open on or around October 12, 2019 and last through December 13, 2019 or until league is full. Registration will be online only. Secure your spot on a team by signing up early. If you plan to coach a team, let us know as soon as possible. Practices will start beginning of December. Days and times yet to be determined. As more information is determined it will be posted on this website.
If you are not already a member of a team, you will be assigned to one. Your coach will contact you by first of December with detailed information. If you are interested in coaching, please indicate on the registration form. We will provide a set of basketballs, gym space for practice, and handle administrative details for the league.
Game schedule is not yet finalized but most likely games will be on Tuesday evenings at the Iowa West Field House. Some games may be on Mondays as well. Games will begin the first part of January, 2020. The league will run 8 weeks, including year-end league tournament.
Please see the fact sheet for more details.
• League play begins first part of January, 2020 and continues for 8 weeks. Schedules will not be finalized until 7-10 days before league play starts. It takes considerable time and effort to get this organized. Please be patient.
• This league is offered for kids in 3rd through 6th grades.
• Cobra fees for basketball are $30 for the first kid and $25 for each additional kid from the same family. There is also a $16 jersey purchase if a jersey is needed. The jerseys cost us $20. If you played last year and you have a jersey and it still fits, you can use it without purchasing a new jersey. The jerseys are reversible and very good quality. This is a Jr Jacket league, so the jerseys are branded “Jr Jackets”. If you are playing on a team with previously selected players and you either have your own jerseys or want to arrange for them separately, you do not need to purchase a jersey. But we will need to confirm this with your coach.
o Example 1: A family with two kids participating would pay $30 for first kid plus $25 for second kid. If one kid already has a jersey but the second one does not, the total cost is $30 + $25 + $16 = $71. If both kids needed jerseys cost would be $30 + $25 +$16 + $16 = $86.
o Example 2: If 2 kids from same family are playing and coach has arranged to provide separate jerseys, cost is $30 + $25 = $55.
o Example 3: If family has one kid and the kid has a jersey from last year that can be used the cost is just $30. If jersey is needed, cost is $30 + $16 = $46.
• Fees will be due at time of registration. We will provide a PayPal option on the website to pay these fees. You can use either a debit or credit card on PayPal if you do not have a PayPal account. We will not be doing an “in-person” registration. If you cannot do an online registration, please contact the person named on the bottom of this page to make special arrangements. We will not place your child on a team or order a jersey until fees are paid.
• This is a recreational league with emphasis on kids learning and improving in the game of basketball.
• Kids that are unattached will be organized by school and grade level. Depending on number of kids, it is possible some schools will be combined. Grade levels (3rd and 4th, 5th and 6th) are combined, though you may have a team with just 1 grade level. Boys and girls teams will be run separately.
• Exact dates and times are not known yet, though we expect league games will run on Tuesday evenings at the Iowa West Field House. There is also a possibility some games will be played Mondays. Additional details have yet to be worked out.
• We have not organized coaches yet. This takes time to finalize. Some coaches and teams may get organized before others. The coaches will be the point of contact with players.
• We have some practice slots on Monday evenings at Iowa West Field House. We are also organizing practice slots on other days of the week at other school facilities. It is not known yet where and when these practice sessions are. It will take more time to finalize. It is also possible that additional practice time may be found by the coaches at other schools on other days.
• We have almost always been successful in seeing that kids signed up will play. However, it always depends on having enough coaches for the teams. In the unlikely event there are not enough coaches for teams and we cannot successfully place your child on a team, money paid will be refunded. If you’d like to coach, please contact me.
• If you have questions, contact Mark Brooks at 402-253-4674
Click here for Fact Sheet
• We are looking for volunteers to coach or help coach. Experience is not needed. At this age level, only fundamentals are important.
• All Cobra fees (with exception of jersey fees) will be waived for coaches who have children participating. Waived fees for coaches is for head coaches only.
• Cobra does all the administrative work, provides basketballs and helps to arrange practice time if needed. Coaches organize and supervise practices and do all needed communications with kids and parents.
• If you have an interest in coaching, please contact Mark Brooks at 402-253-4674.